About naturist holidays
Thinking about naturist holidays, we visualize a beach with ocher colored sand, a crystal blue sea at sunrise, the breaking of the waves on the seashore. All the beautiful images that come to mind are reminiscent of past holidays … in Corsica, Pizzo Greco, Croatia, Lido di Dante, the Nido dell’ Aquila, al Ponte della Becca … our favorite destination.
The relaxation that you experience while practicing naturism, during a walk in the mountains alone or with a group of friends.
These are things that perhaps we have said maybe too many times, but now I want to tell you about a new experience I had. In Sweden at the conference of the Interfederal EuNat (the new European organization that has been operative within the INF for the last three years), I experienced a new facet of naturism.
Nature that is pristine and respected, both at the campsite in GUSTAVSBERGS in NORA (200 km. West of Stockholm) where conference was held and elsewhere in the County of HOREBRO.
The roads are flanked by forests (mainly pine), and now and then the landscape opens up suddenly to reveal one of the countless lakes (they told me that in Sweden there are about 2000!) untouched and still in the forest ... wooden houses surrounded only by nature. All this in the quiet and wide open spaces. You can perceive the respect and dominion of nature.
The meeting between representatives of the European Federation, in this committed peace, was held in total harmony and the issues discussed were numerous and extremely interesting.
It goes without saying that some of the topics were a bit bureaucratic, as occurs in every organization. Firstly a big thank you to Eirik Isene, given with great enthusiasm and our sincerest regards to James Russell, elected head of EuNat sports and leisure activities.
Here are some of the most significant of the 33 topics covered:
- How to react to bad behavior (sexual and aggressive) at naturist centers and beaches
- Naturists think nudity is a pleasant condition, natural and moral, and it benefits them and society in general
- Use more energy from the Sun, and rely on solar and wind power in appropriate ways
- Work for the health of the planet. • Foster the emergence of achievements and difficulties
- Specify what the federations do, in the sense of what actions they take, e.g. to gain recognition of the official status of naturist nudity in Europe – what actions are being taken in each Federation?
- Act and react against magazines that break the law on nudity and encourage sexual exhibitionism on naturist beaches
- Attendance and participation of European naturism and European federations at esposizioni /Trade Fairs under the coordination of the INF-FNI
- What are the advantages offered by the membership cards of each Federation?
- What do the membership trends look like? There is still plenty of work to be done and we are not lacking in ideas and commitment.